[pacman-dev] Libraries for makepkg

Geoffroy Carrier geoffroy.carrier at koon.fr
Fri May 9 23:53:18 EDT 2008

On Sat, May 10, 2008 at 5:16 AM, Allan McRae <mcraeallan at hotmail.com> wrote:
> I can think of one function which would save a lot of discussion around
> here:
> create_desktop_file(<progname>, <description>, <category>)
Except I think you need at least to use an icon, and if possible to
translate descriptions, that you might get locale issues (charset for
the name/description, even for international apps like Prot\'eg\'e I
happen to package), etc.
Else, seems a good idea :o)

I'd like something that would replace/shorten that (taken from javacc):

  for _exe in javacc jjdoc jjtree
  do
    cat << EOF > $_exe
#!/bin/sh
exec /usr/share/java/javacc/bin/$_exe \$@
EOF
  install -Dm755 $_exe "$pkgdir/usr/bin/$_exe"
  done

--
Geoffroy Carrier