[pacman-dev] callback functions

Nagy Gabor ngaba at bibl.u-szeged.hu
Wed May 14 05:08:24 EDT 2008

http://git.frugalware.org/gitweb/gitweb.cgi?p=pacman-g2.git;a=commitdiff;h=9bde1c36eb10ff121f7de5bb34ade2a704f49c82
> > (nice jab there, pretty mature)
>
> oh well, different targets. this is just a decision. we try to keep a
> stable api, you don't. both has benefits. and at the end users can
> choose. that's the best :)

IIRC, this was reverted, but that is just one more argument to your 'not stable
API' "campaign".

In my opinion the parameters of callback functions should be reworked (warning,
API change ;-). My preferred solution would be putting one param, a pointer to a
complicated union or whatever, which can be accessed via
alpm_info_get_xfered(ptr) etc. thus making it much more flexible. Thoughts?

Bye