[pacman-dev] Bumping a couple of patches

Allan McRae mcrae_allan at hotmail.com
Sat May 17 01:51:43 EDT 2008

Hi,

I am just bumping a couple of patches because I have been bitten by this
issue again, twice in the last few days...

1) http://www.archlinux.org/pipermail/pacman-dev/2008-April/011562.html
This allows makepkg to catch an error from when pacman is unable to
remove installed dependencies after makepkg successfully builds a
package and instead prints warning.  There was a discussion about
whether this should print a list of packages that were installed as
dependencies, but I still feel that this is covered by using "pacman
-Qtd" and "tail /var/log/pacman.log".

2) http://www.archlinux.org/pipermail/pacman-dev/2008-April/011569.html
This is a pactest that flags one of the causes of the above issue.  If
you try to remove the dependency chain pkg1 -> pkg2 -> pkg3 with "pacman
-Rs "pkg1 pk3", pacman fails.  I realize this is adding a failing
pactest without solution, but it is probably something libalpm should be
able to handle.

Thanks,
Allan