[pacman-dev] Bumping a couple of patches

Xavier shiningxc at gmail.com
Sat May 17 14:23:00 EDT 2008

Nagy Gabor wrote:
> Yes. A word missing :-/ (deletion). So you have an orphan package 'pkg'
> installed on system. You like it, but you didn't change its install reason to
> explicit with --asexplicit. You build something via makepkg which pulls a
> package from sync, which needs 'pkg'. Then the final remove_deps steps will also
> remove pkg due to -Rs, which you probably didn't want...

Ok so now, that's clearer, but it's not my understanding of what makepkg
does. As far as I can tell, makepkg only pulls the required deps, with
the help of pacman -T. So that's the deplist.
Since in your example, 'pkg' was already installed, it won't be in that
list, and so makepkg won't try to install it, and won't try to remove it
at the end.
I could be wrong though, and I didn't check if it's really the case.