[pacman-dev] pacman port to BSD

Sebastian Nowicki sebnow at gmail.com
Sat May 31 07:25:50 EDT 2008

On 31/05/2008, at 5:42 PM, Antonio Huete Jimenez wrote:

> Hello
>
> I've just compiled and tested pacman with some minor make problems
> (like
> being unable to compile pacman.8) under DragonFlyBSD. pacman seems to
> run fine, but I've been unable to make packages using makepkg, due a
> fail when parsing opts and due that glibc dependency on every package
> you need to build.
> I think there was some patch on pacman-dev to fix that problem with
> parsing opts to bash scripts, but what about glibc dependency on BSD
> systems? How can I avoid it?
>
> I'll provide detailed information when I have something useable.
>
> Regards & thanks for your help
> Antonio Huete

Are you using Archlinux's ABS tree or packages? That probably won't
work, you'll have to recompile everything, and of course that way you
can remove the glibc dependency. As for argument parsing I'm not sure
what the status of that is. I made a really bad patch that kinda works
for most options, but I wouldn't recommend using that one. As far as I
know Xavier is working on something.

There seem to be some problems with readlink in the Makefile (or
asciidoc, haven't really looked into it), which I'll have to tackle
for repo-add as well. Luckily you can just --disable-doc and it will
compile fine.

--
Sebastian Nowicki