[pacman-dev] inside PKGBUILD customizable makepkg PURGE_TARGETS

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 19:39:29 EST 2009

On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 3:48 PM, Allan McRae <allan at archlinux.org> wrote:
> Ciprian Dorin, Craciun wrote:
>>
>>    Hello all!
>>
>>    Again I have a proposal to enhance makepkg PURGE_TARGETS handling.
>>
>>    I think that enabling customizing PURGE_TARGETS inside PKGBUILD
>> would be a benefit in the following context:
>
> Without checking, I would have thought that exporting "PURGE_TRAGETS=..."
> within a package function would just work.  I guess the old value would not
> be restored afterwards though.

This seems like complete overkill for makepkg to support. I'm -1 on this.

If upstream builds can't get their act together and provide individual
make commands, file a issue upstream. If that doesn't work, then
PURGE_TARGETS is really no more than a

for file in glob_exp; do
    rm -f file
done

which is really just a one-liner in a PKGBUILD anyway. Why complicate
the matter?