[pacman-dev] Any progress on my patches?

Bryan Ischo bji-keyword-pacman.3644cb at www.ischo.com
Sun Feb 8 06:36:05 EST 2009

Hi all.  It's been almost two weeks since I submitted my most recent
patches, after much discussion, much back-and-forth, many changes, and
many hours of work on my part.  But I've heard nothing about the
acceptance of my patches except "someone is reviewing them".  To be quite
blunt, I don't think my patches are being actively reviewed.  If they
were, I'd expect someone to have some questions for me about the code,
something to indicate why the patches have not yet been applied.  But I'm
not hearing anything so I conclude that in reality my patches simply
aren't getting any attention.

I think that what I really need to do is just remind the pacman source
maintainers that my patches are out there and I'm waiting for them to be
accepted.  I realize that everyone is busy with lots of stuff, and that
the particular issue that my patches address may not be high on anyone's
list of pacman priorities (although there is a bug open about it in
flyspray, so it's at least important enough that it's being tracked as an
issue).  But I think I've been very patient - it's been weeks since I
submitted my patches - and I really hope that someone can just accept my
patches so that I can put this issue to rest.  I'm really worried that as
time goes on and other changes go into the pacman sources, my patches have
a greater and greater chance of needing to be re-worked to be accepted.
And I've already spent a great deal more time than I anticipated on this,
I really don't want to spend any more if I don't have to.

So somebody, *please*, accept my patches, or let me know what I need to do
to get them accepted.  By the way, please note that my most recent version
of these patches, of almost two weeks ago, address the issues that Dan
McGee had raised that I hadn't responded to.  There are no outstanding
issues that these patches have not addressed.

Thanks,
Bryan