[pacman-dev] repo-add sanity check

Xavier shiningxc at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 08:03:00 EST 2009

On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 3:31 AM, Allan McRae <allan at archlinux.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I took repo-add from the pacman package and one built from the latest git
> will all Xavier's patches and made a repo db from all packages in my cache
> (all of testing, core and extra, some community).  There are a few
> differences (see http://dev.archlinux.org/~allan/repoadd-diff.txt).
> A summary of the differences:
>
> A bunch of packages have the ARCH field removed:
> -%ARCH%
> -i686
>
> A few differences to do with quotes. e.g.
> -custom:INTEL537
> +custom:"INTEL537"
> and
> +%DESC%
> +Efficient bit vector, set of integers and "big int" math library
>
> This change is not so good...  (k3b-i18n package)
> %DEPENDS%
> -k3b>=1.0.5-1
> +k3b>=$pkgver

You have a lot of packages in your cache :) I guess I had none of
these so I didn't detect these issues. I am pretty sure all of them
are related to that commit :
http://projects.archlinux.org/?p=pacman.git;a=commitdiff;h=eb1775e485f7320142a3c66332166ff5ab1f0401

The preservation of the quotes was actually the fix. Maybe there
should be a guideline for licenses to not put quotes?

However I am not sure these are problems with repo-add, instead of
problems with the PKGBUILDs / packages.
About the ARCH issue, the first PKGBUILD I checked didnt even have a
arch variable... I am curious to see how the package looks like.
Same for k3b and its pkgver issue.