[pacman-dev] repo-add sanity check

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 08:28:43 EST 2009

On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 7:03 AM, Xavier <shiningxc at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 3:31 AM, Allan McRae <allan at archlinux.org> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I took repo-add from the pacman package and one built from the latest git
>> will all Xavier's patches and made a repo db from all packages in my cache
>> (all of testing, core and extra, some community).  There are a few
>> differences (see http://dev.archlinux.org/~allan/repoadd-diff.txt).
>> A summary of the differences:
>>
>> A bunch of packages have the ARCH field removed:
>> -%ARCH%
>> -i686
Hmm, this I'm not sure about.

>> A few differences to do with quotes. e.g.
>> -custom:INTEL537
>> +custom:"INTEL537"
>> and
>> +%DESC%
>> +Efficient bit vector, set of integers and "big int" math library
Exactly. This was the exact description that brought about that other
fix in the first place. You can't have your cake both ways.

>> This change is not so good...  (k3b-i18n package)
>> %DEPENDS%
>> -k3b>=1.0.5-1
>> +k3b>=$pkgver
This happened in the makepkg stage, and I will bet a lot of money you
will find the following in the PKGBUILD:
depends=('k3b>=$pkgver')
rather than
depends=("k3b>=$pkgver")

(single vs. double quotes) The only thing we do differently now is
actually respect the *entire* text string, so this variable is no
longer (incorrectly) substituted.