[pacman-dev] makepkg -R with package() function

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Thu Jan 15 09:58:49 EST 2009

Hi,

The main thing I need to do to finish the package splitting work (apart
from documentation...) is to fix the repackaging.

So this is what I intend to do:

1) Old style PKGBUILD [no package() function or splitpkg]:  Behaviour
unchanged.
2) With package() function or split packages: The package() function or
package_*() functions are run.

With split packages, the package_*() functions have to be run as that is
where all the pkgname, pkgdesc, etc are overridden.  I think it makes
sense to do so with the package() function too.  And I could see that
being a lot more helpful as I could fix a broken install line etc while
packaging.

Comments?

Allan