[pacman-dev] Pacman 3.3 release imminent

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 21:35:47 EDT 2009

OK, here we go.

We have two basic lists to chop through. One is here:
http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Pacman_Roadmap#3.3_Final_Release_Plans.
Of course, Xavier blew my (short) list away and tried to sneak in a
much longer list. Sorry, but this is not all getting in if we are
releasing before the end of the month. :)

So the roadmap: http://bugs.archlinux.org/roadmap/proj3

Things *not* getting in 3.3.0:
* FS#12950, -D operation (way too big of a change late in the game)
* FS#14208, --print operation (once again, not as big as -D, but lets
hold off on massive new option addition)

Left on this list, some of which got in (or are getting in) tonight:
* pkgbase inclusion in makepkg/repo-add (in tonight)
* FS#13877, -k/--check patch (in tonight)
* FS#12538, fetch callback
(http://www.archlinux.org/pipermail/pacman-dev/2009-April/008533.html)
(if not in tonight, getting in very very soon)
* FS#12775, -Suu operation,  (in tonight)
* FS#12772, makepkg default integrity check. I'm fine with changing it
in the pacman source code, the Arch decision can be postponed, but
thoughts?
* FS#15210, makepkg and pkgdesc troubles. Our only real blocker bug at
the moment, so this needs some sort of addressing before release.
* NEWS updates, any more feedback/help on this is welcome

A call for translation updates will come in 2 or 3 days time when we
have all messages finalized. You are welcome to start before then, but
please do not submit anything until all strings are final.