[pacman-dev] Pacman 3.3 release imminent

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Wed Jul 22 22:04:38 EDT 2009

Dan McGee wrote:
> * FS#12772, makepkg default integrity check. I'm fine with changing it
> in the pacman source code, the Arch decision can be postponed, but
> thoughts?

I am fine with leaving as it is in the pacman source makepkg.conf.  Any
distro using pacman should ship thier own custom makepkg.conf and
pacman.conf and the default is safe enough and fast.

> * FS#15210, makepkg and pkgdesc troubles. Our only real blocker bug at
> the moment, so this needs some sort of addressing before release.

I know the cause, and reverting that patch will fix it...  but I am not
sure if that is the best way forward yet.

Allan