[pacman-dev] Pacman 3.3 release imminent

Nagy Gabor ngaba at bibl.u-szeged.hu
Fri Jul 24 06:38:07 EDT 2009

> OK, here we go.
>
> We have two basic lists to chop through. One is here:
> http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Pacman_Roadmap#3.3_Final_Release_Plans.
> Of course, Xavier blew my (short) list away and tried to sneak in a
> much longer list. Sorry, but this is not all getting in if we are
> releasing before the end of the month. :)
>
> So the roadmap: http://bugs.archlinux.org/roadmap/proj3
>
> Things *not* getting in 3.3.0:
> * FS#12950, -D operation (way too big of a change late in the game)

OK. I will modify the "API changes" patch accordingly, I will correct
libalpm documentation in README in the same patch.

> * FS#14208, --print operation (once again, not as big as -D, but lets
> hold off on massive new option addition)
>
> Left on this list, some of which got in (or are getting in) tonight:
> * pkgbase inclusion in makepkg/repo-add (in tonight)
> * FS#13877, -k/--check patch (in tonight)
> * FS#12538, fetch callback
> (http://www.archlinux.org/pipermail/pacman-dev/2009-April/008533.html)
> (if not in tonight, getting in very very soon)
> * FS#12775, -Suu operation,  (in tonight)
> * FS#12772, makepkg default integrity check. I'm fine with changing it
> in the pacman source code, the Arch decision can be postponed, but
> thoughts?
> * FS#15210, makepkg and pkgdesc troubles. Our only real blocker bug at
> the moment, so this needs some sort of addressing before release.
> * NEWS updates, any more feedback/help on this is welcome

I have one TODO left:
http://www.archlinux.org/pipermail/pacman-dev/2009-April/008567.html

Iirc, the only real issue is the crappy output (see Xav's example), I
will start to work on this. Unfortunately I have very little freetime
today and tomorrow (tomorrow it is 0 sec), and my ArchLinux HDD has
~just died, so I cannot test anything rigorously. I am also going to
change the default remove_unresolvable answer to no, because now -S
--noconfirm gets no error even if not all packages were installed,
which is odd imho.

Bye