[pacman-dev] Syncing pacman and aqpm+shaman release

Dario Freddi drf54321 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 06:44:56 EDT 2009

In data giovedì 23 luglio 2009 12:27:48, Allan McRae ha scritto:
: > Dario Freddi wrote:
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > First of all thanks everyone, especially Xavier and Dan for pushing the
> > patch in. Aqpm is, after a rush of fixes yesterday, definitely ready for
> > prime time. I pushed the latest changes to the git repo yesterday to make
> > it fully compliant with pacman 3.3.
> >
> > Now, shaman looks quite stable and working, but I still don't feel like
> > calling it a final quality product. However, I definitely want to push it
> > with pacman 3.3 and I'll try my best to fix the last issues (mainly with
> > the config panel not behaving properly, while ABS support will be marked
> > as "non working" since I simply have no time now).
> >
> > So, I wondered if we could set up a way in which we can push pacman, aqpm
> > and shaman to the repos at the same time.
> >
> > You can simply pull from the git repos, but I will definitely release a
> > tarball when the time comes.
> >
> > What do you think about this?
>
> I'm the maintain for shaman in the [community] repo and I should be able
> to push it fairly quickly once the release is done.  Note that shaman
> users will not be able to update pacman until shaman is updated due to
> some versioned deps.

Yeah, I saw that :) Just a pair of things then: you can now build shaman with
-DKDE4_INTEGRATION=TRUE for having it integrated with KDE (such as KNotify
stuff). I think you probably don't want this since I thought that the arch
package should be plain Qt, whereas Chakra one will provide KDE integration,
but you could also provide a shaman-kde package.

Aqpm and Shaman require now polkit-qt, which is in the extra repo, so not a
big deal.

I decided to version Aqpm with this schema: <major-bc-aqpm-version>.<major-
pacman-version>.<minor-pacman-version>.<patch-aqpm-version>, so this release
would be 1.3.3.0. This will make it easy for you to track which version should
be used with which pacman.

> The main issue with this is that pacman will be in the [testing] repo
> first and there is current not a working testing repo for [community] so
> shaman will need to wait until pacman is moved to [core].

Ah, true, I forgot that. Not a big deal: with some communication I can provide
you the tarball the day before pacman moves to core, to ensure everyone can
experience the transition smoothly.

--

Dario Freddi
KDE Developer