[pacman-dev] Syncing pacman and aqpm+shaman release

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Thu Jul 23 06:27:48 EDT 2009

Dario Freddi wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> First of all thanks everyone, especially Xavier and Dan for pushing the patch
> in. Aqpm is, after a rush of fixes yesterday, definitely ready for prime time.
> I pushed the latest changes to the git repo yesterday to make it fully
> compliant with pacman 3.3.
>
> Now, shaman looks quite stable and working, but I still don't feel like
> calling it a final quality product. However, I definitely want to push it with
> pacman 3.3 and I'll try my best to fix the last issues (mainly with the config
> panel not behaving properly, while ABS support will be marked as "non working"
> since I simply have no time now).
>
> So, I wondered if we could set up a way in which we can push pacman, aqpm and
> shaman to the repos at the same time.
>
> You can simply pull from the git repos, but I will definitely release a
> tarball when the time comes.
>
> What do you think about this?

I'm the maintain for shaman in the [community] repo and I should be able
to push it fairly quickly once the release is done.  Note that shaman
users will not be able to update pacman until shaman is updated due to
some versioned deps.

The main issue with this is that pacman will be in the [testing] repo
first and there is current not a working testing repo for [community] so
shaman will need to wait until pacman is moved to [core].

Allan