[pacman-dev] pacman and same empty dirs in both pkgs, problem?

Xavier shiningxc at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 17:19:04 EDT 2009

On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 11:05 PM, Gerardo Exequiel
Pozzi<vmlinuz386 at yahoo.com.ar> wrote:
> OK maybe you talking about this [#1]? Then, in the case that pacman is
> "Won't fix/Not a Bug" issue. Then (in this case) openssh should install
> a hidden file in /var/empty that is a common directory for some
> packages. Or... ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> [#1] http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/11263 (Removing qt3 removes /opt)

Indeed, that's the one, thanks! It was even me who closed it :D
But maybe it should be re-opened.
I don't know why I didn't think about the fix I just suggested. Maybe
I didn't fully understand that filesystem indeed owned an empty /opt/
directory.

It should be very easy to implement, as I suggested in my previous
mail. The only problem is to measure the perfomance drawbacks it
causes.