[pacman-dev] Pacman "Roadmap"

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Tue Jun 9 09:22:18 EDT 2009

Hi everybody,

Over the past year, various discussions have occurred about nice
features to be included in pacman, but many have not yet been
implemented.  So they didn't get lost, I made a small wiki page with them:

http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Pacman_Roadmap

Of course there are many other areas to improve (see bug tracker...),
but I tried to select "big" features that someone could probably make a
reasonable start on without knowing the pacman code base by heart.  I.e.
features big enough to warrant a 3.x release and not a 4.0 one.  Feel
free to add ideas in that category that I have missed but remember all
discussion of new ideas should occur on this list first...

Cheers,
Allan