[pacman-dev] Doing more stuff with optdepends

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Thu Mar 5 19:15:10 EST 2009

Hi,

I have been thinking about optdepends and if we can improve the handling
of them.  So, given I am better at making wiki pages than patches...

http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/User:Allan/Pacman_OptDepends

What do people think about this idea?  Are there other sensible
additions to that proposal?

I know that optdepends were originally for getting rid of informational
messages but I have some packages on my system that are installed
"explicitly" when they are really (opt)deps for other packages.

Allan