[pacman-dev] bug in pacman 3.3.2 retrieving of repos?

Marc - A. Dahlhaus [ Administration | Westermann GmbH ] mad at wol.de
Mon Oct 12 08:14:23 EDT 2009

Hello List,

pacman 3.3.2 libfetch backend doesn't retrieve an updated repo via http
(tested with "touch repo.db.tar.gz" on the http server) here.

I checked the http headers with curl just to be sure that my setup isn't
f***ed up in some way and they are updated just fine after every touch
on the file, so i has to be a problem with libfetch or pacman itself.

A local revert to pacman 3.3.0 (no build-changes or libfetch changes and
the exact same build-environment) fixes this problem here so it looks
like a messed up usage of libfetch in pacman 3.3.2 release.

Can someone else reproduce this behaviour?

Because i have no clue on how to use libfetch the right way without
reading the documentation and analyse the code in pacman afterwards, i
hope someone else wants to hound it down.

Marc