[pacman-dev] bug in pacman 3.3.2 retrieving of repos?

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 08:20:17 EDT 2009

On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 7:14 AM, Marc - A. Dahlhaus [ Administration |
Westermann GmbH ] <mad at wol.de> wrote:
> Hello List,
>

> pacman 3.3.2 libfetch backend doesn't retrieve an updated repo via http
> (tested with "touch repo.db.tar.gz" on the http server) here.
>
> I checked the http headers with curl just to be sure that my setup isn't
> f***ed up in some way and they are updated just fine after every touch
> on the file, so i has to be a problem with libfetch or pacman itself.
>
> A local revert to pacman 3.3.0 (no build-changes or libfetch changes and
> the exact same build-environment) fixes this problem here so it looks
> like a messed up usage of libfetch in pacman 3.3.2 release.
>
> Can someone else reproduce this behaviour?

No. I can't reproduce this *at all*, anywhere.

> Because i have no clue on how to use libfetch the right way without
> reading the documentation and analyse the code in pacman afterwards, i
> hope someone else wants to hound it down.

This is one of those emails that is slightly aggravating. You tried to
generalize the problem so much, assuming everyone else saw it, that
you didn't include anything to even reproduce it!

What mirror? What repo? What does it look like? What commands did you
run? Did you try with '--debug' to see if any helpful messages showed
up there during the download?