[pacman-dev] bug in pacman 3.3.2 retrieving of repos?

Marc - A. Dahlhaus [ Administration | Westermann GmbH ] mad at wol.de
Mon Oct 12 10:54:39 EDT 2009

Am Montag, den 12.10.2009, 16:36 +0200 schrieb Xavier:
> On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 4:12 PM, Marc - A. Dahlhaus [ Administration |
> Westermann GmbH ] <mad at wol.de> wrote:
> > Well it could be a local problem with my environment of course, but
> > shouldn't 3.3.0 then suffer from the same problem then? As there were
> > some fiddling with the libfetch download code in pacman on version 3.3.1
> > and 3.3.2 i thought it might be related to that.
> >

> I already answered this question, see my previous mail.
> And from libfetch man page :
>      If the `i' (if-modified-since) flag is specified, the library will try to
>      fetch the content only if it is newer than last_modified.  For HTTP an
>      If-Modified-Since HTTP header is sent.  For FTP a MTDM command is sent
>      first and compared locally.  For FILE the source file is compared.
>
> You the http header you need to check is If Modified Since

Had the mail in response to Dan open the whole testing and spooted your
mail after i send.

I checked the lighttpd behaviour again:

1. try:
Last-Modified: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 13:39:50 GMT

a touch on the file later on 2. try:
Last-Modified: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 14:41:48 GMT

Looks sane.

Might be that lighttpd headers are distinct from apache httpd. The only
change is that lighttpd sends the local time header "Date" after the
"Last-Modified" header. Could it be a bug regarding ordering of Header
lines in libfetch?

Have no gdb ready on this box, but will look into it some more tomorrow
when i get to it.

Marc