[pacman-dev] Little hello and pyalpmm announcement

Xavier shiningxc at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 11:28:27 EDT 2009

On Sat, Aug 22, 2009 at 4:45 PM, Markus Meissner<markus at evigo.net> wrote:
> Hello pacman-dev list members,
>
> I'm the developer (meissna) behind the python libalpm wrapper: pyalpmm
> You can find more information in this thread (1st post):
>  http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=60711&p=1
>
> As a very short abstract: pyalpmm implements a thin very high level wrapper
> around the alpm library written in python.
>
> One of the main goals in the medium term are a transparent regular repos and
> aur support ... (like mixing aur and repo packaged in -S)
> Several steps are taken towards this goal, like building (mmacman -BI
> some_repo_or_aur_pkg) supports both transparently,
> searching ( mmacman -Ss query) also supports both: regular repos and aur.
> The next step is already the "-S functionality" milestone,
> which needs proper AUR pkg dependency resolution - this is in construction,
> or maybe "conception" ;)
>
> And, dunno if this is usual, but one line about me personally:
> My name is Markus Meissner, living and studying in Germany/Frankfurt - right
> now I'm in Munich for my graduation and I'm 25years old...
>
> So, hi all!

And I just read the announcement of a graphical interface based on
your project :

I did not try pyalpmm myself, but it is a very good news that we
finally seem to have working python bindings, that other people
managed to use :)
I know there were several attempts before, but it didn't look like
they went that far.