[pacman-dev] Info pages install template(was: alpmtrigger: triggering events after all packages got installed...)

Xavier shiningxc at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 13:17:57 EDT 2009

On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 3:33 PM, Dan McGee <dpmcgee at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 8:27 AM, Allan McRae <allan at archlinux.org> wrote:
>> Given all we need to currently do for the install file for info pages is to
>> copy the prototype and list the info pages to install, you suggestion really
>> is no less work.
>
> On this note, the template has a rather unfortunate side effect in
> that it is not #!/bin/sh compatible, unless that happens to be linked
> to bash. Epic fail every time I install a package with info pages on
> my system that has /bin/sh linked to /bin/dash, it is really quite a
> shame...
>
> The shift crud left behind does not help the situation either.

Just fixing template would not get all scriptlets fixed though.

We would really need to have someone look at all scriptlets in svn,
and fix all these problems in once, as in
http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/13803 :)

By the way, I am against this info pages scriptlet, it causes a lot of
work to packagers for very little benefit.
If people care about the info index, they can maintain it themselves.
But if packagers think this is an important point, then it should be a
motivation to think about an easier and more global way to handle it.