[pacman-dev] [translations] Add Swedish translation

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 19:28:17 EDT 2009

On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 3:47 PM, Xavier <shiningxc at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 10:32 PM, Laszlo Papp <djszapi at archlinux.us> wrote:

>>> Please run msgfmt --statistics on your po files.
>>>
>>> The content-type/charset was completely wrong which led to many
>>> "invalid multibyte sequence" errors.
>>> After fixing that, there are still 15 fatal errors.
>>>

>> Thanks Xavier, you're right!
>>
>> Here is the corrected one:
>> http://djszapi.homelinux.net/0001-Add-Swedish-translation.patch
>>

> Getting better.
>
> In LINGUAS, if you add the .po suffix, it just fails.
>
> Once that was fixed, it looks like this was made for 3.3.0 and not 3.3.1.
>
> Since I am very kind, here is an updated patch for 3.3.1 where you
> need to fix the new untranslated/fuzzy strings.

Still a bit busted on your maint branch, Xavier, but I fixed it up somewhat:

rm -f sv_SE.gmo && /usr/bin/msgfmt -c --statistics -o sv_SE.gmo sv_SE.po
sv_SE.po:7: field `Project-Id-Version' still has initial default value
sv_SE.po:128: format specifications in 'msgid' and 'msgstr' for
argument 1 are not the same
sv_SE.po:200: number of format specifications in 'msgid' and 'msgstr'
does not match
sv_SE.po:448: number of format specifications in 'msgid' and 'msgstr'
does not match
/usr/bin/msgfmt: found 3 fatal errors
127 translated messages, 5 fuzzy translations.
make[4]: *** [sv_SE.gmo] Error 1