[pacman-dev] bug: pacman giving up too fast downloading
dpmcgee at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 08:21:45 EST 2010
On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 6:29 AM, Paul Dufresne <dufresnep at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have tested pacman recompiled with a 40 sec fetchTimeout rather than 10.
> But first I began by recommenting out the XferCommand in
> /etc/pacman.conf, first rebuild pacman without modifications with abs
> to get sure the errors was there, then tried to make the modification
> then use abs, but realized I was changing nothing, so I rechange
> fetchTimeout in pacman-3.3.3/lib/libalpm/dload.c to 40 then use
> ./configure prefix=/usr/local, make, #make install, and then used
> #/usr/local/bin/pacman -Syu
> I have left it all the night (about 8 hours) and only had one error
> getting gimp (maybe the package was really not there anymore).
> That said, I may boost it to 50 secs rather than 40, because a while,
> I was counting manually about by 1 by 1 second when it seems stopped,
> and once got up to 33.
> I hope you will boost the fetchTimeout value for others people using a
> slow connection like me.
> Thank you again Jonathan for the hint!
I did this a while back, which is included in 3.3.1:
It was done in some part to try and address
http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/15369, so I don't want to raise this
back above 10 seconds for everyone, but then again it isn't all that
configurable right now.
More information about the pacman-dev