[pacman-dev] bug: pacman giving up too fast downloading
aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 13:44:14 EST 2010
On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 7:21 AM, Dan McGee <dpmcgee at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 6:29 AM, Paul Dufresne <dufresnep at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I have tested pacman recompiled with a 40 sec fetchTimeout rather than 10.
>> But first I began by recommenting out the XferCommand in
>> /etc/pacman.conf, first rebuild pacman without modifications with abs
>> to get sure the errors was there, then tried to make the modification
>> then use abs, but realized I was changing nothing, so I rechange
>> fetchTimeout in pacman-3.3.3/lib/libalpm/dload.c to 40 then use
>> ./configure prefix=/usr/local, make, #make install, and then used
>> #/usr/local/bin/pacman -Syu
>> I have left it all the night (about 8 hours) and only had one error
>> getting gimp (maybe the package was really not there anymore).
>> That said, I may boost it to 50 secs rather than 40, because a while,
>> I was counting manually about by 1 by 1 second when it seems stopped,
>> and once got up to 33.
>> I hope you will boost the fetchTimeout value for others people using a
>> slow connection like me.
>> Thank you again Jonathan for the hint!
> I did this a while back, which is included in 3.3.1:
You also removed the "TODO make this a config option" :)
That'd address this issue nicely, just making the fetchTimeout
variable via pacman.conf
More information about the pacman-dev