[pacman-dev] Include globbing - Was: Release plans

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Tue May 18 01:28:28 CEST 2010

On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 12:16 PM, Xavier Chantry
<chantry.xavier at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 6:15 PM, Marc - A. Dahlhaus <mad at wol.de> wrote:
>>
>> It would be very nice if Xavier or you could take a look at it as i
>> don't want to step on anybodies foots along the way if i change this...
>>

> You really wouldn't. When you spot a regression caused by a commit
> that doesn't mention the regression anywhere (commit log or in the
> code), it's almost certainly unwanted. So a patch is welcome :)
> It's just as Dan said, the only use of Include I ever see if to
> include mirror list in Server section, so I overlooked your usage.
>
> Can you please test the attached untested patch ?

This proved that it worked, but didn't prove that Include still works
elsewhere. I'm going to see if I can wire up pactest for that.

$ cat pactest/tests/config001.py
self.description = "Quick check for Include being parsed in [options]"

self.option['Include'] = ['/dev/null']

p = pmpkg("foobar")
p.files = ["bin/foobar"]
p.desc = "test description"