[pacman-dev] Groups. Again.

Xavier chantry.xavier at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 03:26:41 EDT 2010

Allan McRae wrote:

> One thing I just thought of.   If it is going to be separated by
> repo could that line say ":: group testing/base-devel" to improve
> clarity?

This is exactly what Jakob reported as inconsistent, but wondered if it was
still ok.

That's funny, we have been arguing for one week about backend+callback vs
frontend implementation. I could no longer find any inconvenients of the
backend+callback solution, even though I knew I didn't like callback much.

/* callback to handle questions from libalpm transactions (yes/no) */
/* TODO this is one of the worst ever functions written. void *data ? wtf */
void cb_trans_conv(pmtransconv_t event, void *data1, void *data2,
                   void *data3, int *response)

This todo also applies to this function :
/* callback to handle messages/notifications from libalpm transactions */
void cb_trans_evt(pmtransevt_t event, void *data1, void *data2)

This is the problem Jakob has, he just has data1 and data2 for 3 data : group
name, repo name, list of group members.
This is ridiculous, *alpm* callbacks are really crap.
It's bad I couldn't remember this problem before it actually showed up.