[pacman-dev] [pyalpm] released version 0.2

Rémy Oudompheng remyoudompheng at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 02:25:39 EDT 2011

On 2011/4/4 Xyne <xyne at archlinux.ca> wrote:
> Rémy Oudompheng wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> pyalpm version 0.2 is available at
>>   ftp://ftp.archlinux.org/other/pyalpm/pyalpm-0.2.tar.gz
>>
>> [...]
>>
>> pycman/pyalpm works with Python 3.2 (needed for argparse module) and
>> libalpm from pacman 3.5 (the current targeted API).
>>
> I'm following this with interest. It should be very useful for both full
> applications and quick scripts, and I'm sure that I'll have some fun with it
> when I have the time.

Hello,

> You might find the Reflector module (Python 3.2) useful:
> http://xyne.archlinux.ca/projects/reflector/
>
> If no one else does (and maybe even if they do), I might eventually write an AUR
> module to interaction with the RPC interface. That should complement pyalpm
> nicely.

I'm not really paying attention to these because my aim is to use
pyalpm in namcap, and make sure it remains independent of Archlinux
things, just as pacman/libalpm. But having all of these would be nice
for Python fans wanting to develop any sort of wrapper or helper.

> Is this intended to become an official project, or just a fun personal project?

I'd be pleased if anyone wants this to become an official project. I
do this as a personal project, but with particular uses in mind.

Rémy.