[pacman-dev] pyalpm docs

Erick Pérez erick.red at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 09:30:14 EDT 2011

> Hello,
>
> There is plenty of example code in pyalpm sources. Learn to use
> 'pydoc' to get the documentation for individual functions, read code
> in the tests/ subdirectory, and read pycman's source code.
>
> I don't know what else I could do. pycman *is* the minimal example.
> libalpm is not an easy thing to handle at first sight.
>
> Regards,
> Rémy.

Well, I do know how to use pydoc, believe me, and what I was asking
was a simple sample how to load libalpm and make a simple query.
Anyway at first I tried to test your pycman and It gave me back this error:

================= error =================
pycman -Q flashplugin
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/pycman", line 105, in <module>
    ret = main(sys.argv[1:])
  File "/usr/bin/pycman", line 101, in main
    ret = pycman.run_action_with_args(action, data)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.2/site-packages/pycman/__init__.py", line 45,
in run_action_with_args
    return callback(args)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.2/site-packages/pycman/action_query.py", line
175, in main
    config.init_with_config_and_options(args)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.2/site-packages/pycman/config.py", line 119,
in init_with_config_and_options
    config = read_config(config_file)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.2/site-packages/pycman/config.py", line 58,
in read_config
    parser.read_string(preprocessed.getvalue(), source=path)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.2/configparser.py", line 712, in read_string
    self.read_file(sfile, source)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.2/configparser.py", line 707, in read_file
    self._read(f, source)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.2/configparser.py", line 1062, in _read
    fpname, lineno)
configparser.DuplicateOptionError: While reading from /etc/pacman.conf
[line 82]: option 'server' in section 'core' already exists

PS: I installed pyalpm from AUR with no hacks at all

--
El derecho de expresar nuestros pensamientos tiene algún significado
tan sólo si somos capaces de tener pensamientos propios.