[pacman-dev] pyalpm docs

Rémy Oudompheng remyoudompheng at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 14:47:35 EDT 2011

On 2011/4/26 Erick Pérez <erick.red at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi:
>
> I've been searching for python bindings for alpm and I found this
> <http://mailman.archlinux.org/pipermail/pacman-dev/2011-April/012896.html>
>
> The problem is that I want to use it and I the functions doesn't seems
> to work. Also I tried pycman scrit and I got some errors.
>
> Note: I installed the pyalpm package from AUR
>
> I want to use it, but I just simply doesn't know how.
> I think this comment will fit too to the developers of libalpm, Ok, I
> can work with the C headers, but I will need a minimal example of how
> to interface with the lib. Something really simple, like test app, not
> the pacman code pls
>
> Thxs in advance.
>
> PS: The reason, I'm trying to make a pacman front-end, but as pacman
> is already a front-end of libalpm, then I'm trying to make other
> libalpm front-end.
>
> Erick

Hello,

There is plenty of example code in pyalpm sources. Learn to use
'pydoc' to get the documentation for individual functions, read code
in the tests/ subdirectory, and read pycman's source code.

I don't know what else I could do. pycman *is* the minimal example.
libalpm is not an easy thing to handle at first sight.

Regards,
Rémy.