[pacman-dev] [ Package Signing ] Your signature please

Xavier Chantry chantry.xavier at gmail.com
Sat Feb 19 09:33:11 EST 2011

On Sat, Feb 19, 2011 at 2:06 PM, IgnorantGuru
<jgj7.pacmandev at mailnull.com> wrote:

> Interesting that you think so, because patches are the way to make non-secure junk.  The way to make things work is for the person most familiar with the code and protocols to make those changes rather than him begging others to write ill-fitting patches.  Patches are also a big waste of time because what someone familiar with the code can do in a few minutes (and do well) may take hours of research for someone unfamiliar (to do poorly).  Talk about efficiency - try applying it to your work in larger ways.  Maybe that's one reason why it takes you so long to develop - you're unwilling to take on responsibility for the project as a whole.  You definitely seem a very reluctant and whining freeware developer.  Get over yourself and put some quality into your work, regardless of what you're paid or not paid.  Or don't - in which case you're not worth your complaining.

What makes you worth ?
You are not only complaining, you are also freely attacking people
when you have no idea who they are, what they do, and how things work
around here.
Ah, the joy of internet.

I don't know why you felt the need to write so many mails just to say
one thing :
it would be nice to have signatures on the mirrors already, regardless
of what pacman and repo-add support.

And well, we agree, so thanks for your quality contribution !