[pacman-dev] 3.5.0 release planning

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Mon Jan 31 23:47:36 EST 2011

On 01/02/11 12:39, Dan McGee wrote:
> It is time for a major release; we've had a bunch of stuff baking in
> master for a while that should get out to the masses.
> https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Pacman_Roadmap
>
> Open/pending release blockers:
> * Local database sanity check- ensure we are operating on an updated
> pacman database. I will have a potential patch for this shortly.
> * Allan's pkghash branch and work. This should be good to go, we were
> just sorting out a few lingering issues.
> * soprovides/sodeps. This may/may not make it, depending upon how fast
> we can reach consensus and compromise. I'm hopeful.
> * Translation doings. We need to get Transifex updated a tad now that
> they have changed the way things work on their end, and make sure we
> can handle everything through their interface. If anyone wants to head
> this up, please let me know. This is *not* a call for translations.
> * Just *one* person to step up and not be lazy:
> https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/19735#comment70672

* makepkg bug: gives "WARNING: Package contains reference to $srcdir"
for packages with no files!
* update NEWS/README

There is nothing else I consider a blocker at the moment.  There are a
couple of bug reports/feature requests on the tracker with patches
available which would be nice to clear if everybody's time permits.

Allan