[pacman-dev] [namcap] release version 3.0.5
remyoudompheng at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 19:29:44 EDT 2011
namcap 3.0.5 is released. Since the announcement of namcap 3.0.3, the
following problems were fixed:
Changed in 3.0.5
* the depends rule was completely broken (FS#23489)
* optdepends are no longer considered when searching for missing depends.
However, if a missing dependency is found to be optional, a warning is
raised instead of an error (new tag dependency-detected-but-optional).
This fixes a problem when analyzing the vlc package: since kdelibs is
an optional dependency, the previous behaviour (in 3.0.x versions) was
to say that qt was superfluous.
Changed in 3.0.4:
* parsepkgbuild is run in a clean environment (/usr/bin/env -i)
* the checkdepends variable (new in pacman 3.5.0) is a legit PKGBUILD
I hope this will be the last bugfix release in the 3.0.x series.
Planned for the 3.1 release:
* use libalpm bindings (pyalpm) to access sync databases: this will
bring back a bunch of warnings "foobar package is from [testing] on
your system" which didn't work anymore with new database format
* new rules, e.g. for overlinked libraries (FS#23357)
In a distant future:
* use files database to completely eliminate the "library libfoobar.so
is an uninstalled dependency", or maybe just sync databases if
sodepends gets implemented
More information about the pacman-dev