[pacman-dev] checkupdates

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Tue Oct 25 23:26:57 EDT 2011

A few minor comments:

1) I think you need to clean up the usage message a bit - maybe like this:

checkupdate: Safely print a list of pending updates
Usage: checkupdates

Export the "fakedb" variable to change to path to the fake database.

I still do not like the term "fake database" as it is not clear what
that is....

2) Change fakedb to FAKEDB?  Capitals seem the way to go. Should we also
get a PAC/PACMAN in there?  FAKEPACDB?

3) I'd also change .localsync to something more descriptive.
.pacmansync? .pacdb?

Anyway, as I said, mostly bikeshed worthy stuff here.  Create a git
format patch, remembering to add the entries to Makefile.am and
.gitignore in the contrib/ directory

Allan