[pacman-dev] Repositories management in enterprise

Thomas Baquet me at lordblackfox.net
Sat Sep 10 20:26:09 EDT 2011

Hi there,
While I was thinking how to deploy an ArchLinux like distribution in
enterprise, I pointed that the biggest problem is the management of the
updates. I though it could be interesting if there is way system like:

Master ArchLinux repos → Enterprise repositories → Users, employees

When is there an update to the master repos, the update will be done in
a testing repos in the enterprise repositories; Then, administrators can
verify if there is no problem for compatibility with the deployed
machines, and if is okay, update the main repository of the enterprise.

So my question is: is there a mechanism to do it automatically?

--
Thomas Baquet

Jabber ID: me lordblackfox net
Website: http://lordblackfox.net/