[pacman-dev] pacman -R default answer

Nicholas MIller nick.kyky at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 02:10:26 EST 2012

As a user if i type a command i get annoyed when questioned... IF i wanted
others to make my choices id use ubuntu

On Feb 13, 2012 11:12 AM, "Dan McGee" <dpmcgee at gmail.com> wrote:

On Sun, Feb 12, 2012 at 8:07 PM, Diogo Sousa <diogogsousa at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 02/13/2012 01:59 AM...
Can't the same be said for -U, -S, and every other single modifying
operation? You can't even hit <enter> accidentally early anymore,
since we reset and throw away the input stream before reading the
answer.

If someone types `-Rc`, we're not in the business of babying you and
saying "you might break your system". The user *typed* the operation,
period. The only real proposal I could see having some merit is
removing the short version of dangerous operations. But changing the
"Y/n" default for one combination of options is not happening.