[pacman-dev] code reuse for PKGBUILD

Florian Pritz bluewind at xinu.at
Fri Apr 12 04:52:48 EDT 2013

On 23.03.2013 00:13, Allan McRae wrote:
> On 23/03/13 04:34, Florian Pritz wrote:
>> [....]
>
> Looks fine.  But we either need to get makepkg completely split up, or
> this needs to be bash based.

The perl script is just a prototype, I'm sure it isn't too complicated
to rewrite in awk (for someone with awk experience).

>> Another note:
>> Lukas suggested on IRC that we could also just use an existing macro
>> tool such as m4. I didn't think about it before, but I feel like an
>> inline solution that just updates a simple file is better suited for
>> PKGBUILDS since they tend to be rather small and can be viewed more
>> easily if everything is inlined. Any other opinions here?
>>

> Can m4 update?   It is also a pain with escaping from memory.

Didn't manage to google anything about m4 being able to update, so I
guess it can't.

I remember having read something about the escaping pain, but I don't
know any more.

Still waiting for Dave's reply on all those questions here