[pacman-dev] pacman-4.2 plans?

Connor Behan connor.behan at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 23:29:47 EDT 2013

On 17/04/13 07:58 PM, Aaron DeVore wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 11:11 PM, Allan McRae <allan at archlinux.org> wrote:
>
>> - Remove of support for PKGBUILDs with only a build() function
>>
> Any chance of delaying that change further? There's a staggeringly large
> number of packages in the AUR that rely on build() having access to
> $pkgdir, including some of the most popular packages. From a quick look,
> over 10 thousand packages would break.

Don't you mean over 9 thousand? :P I will get around to fixing my
PKGBUILDs this week but I think this is daft. If someone wants to make
an improper PKGBUILD now that does everything in one function, isn't it
just as easy? All that changes is that this improper function now needs
to be called package() instead of build().