[pacman-dev] Test suite failures using fakechroot-2.17.1

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Fri Dec 13 07:43:59 EST 2013

Using fakechroot-2.17.1 from the Arch [testing] repo, I get 4 pactest
failures.   All appear to be due to install scriptlets failing.  The
ldconfig tests work so the _alpm_run_chroot commands work.

I think it has something to do with symlinks and the shell...   The
guilty upstream commit is 52502dbbb - "It is safe to use relative paths
which won't escape from fake chroot".

Can someone help figuring out whether this is a pacman testsuite issue
or a fakechroot issue?

Allan