[pacman-dev] Test suite failures using fakechroot-2.17.1

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Fri Dec 13 09:38:10 EST 2013

On 13/12/13 22:43, Allan McRae wrote:
> Using fakechroot-2.17.1 from the Arch [testing] repo, I get 4 pactest
> failures.   All appear to be due to install scriptlets failing.  The
> ldconfig tests work so the _alpm_run_chroot commands work.
>
> I think it has something to do with symlinks and the shell...   The
> guilty upstream commit is 52502dbbb - "It is safe to use relative paths
> which won't escape from fake chroot".
>
> Can someone help figuring out whether this is a pacman testsuite issue
> or a fakechroot issue?

Here goes something to help.  Save this as
test/packages/tests/fakechroot.py:

self.description = "fakechroot test"

p = pmpkg("pkg")
p.install['post_install'] = "echo $PWD"
self.addpkg2db("sync", p)

self.args = "-S pkg"

Then run:

test/pacman/pactest.py test/pacman/tests/fakechroot.py -v --keep-root -d2

with the old and new fakechroot.   The old one outputs "/" as $PWD, the
new one outputs "/tmp/tmp_XXXXXX".

A minimal testcase would be good to report to fakechroot upstream.  I
have failed so far...