[pacman-dev] Feature freeze - 4.2 release

Dave Reisner d at falconindy.com
Mon Nov 17 13:48:19 UTC 2014

On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 05:26:15PM +1000, Allan McRae wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I got the last of the patches on my TODO list reviewed, so now we are in
> a feature freeze.

Cheers for that! So happy to see SRCINFO support finally merged after
the first patch surfaced 4 years ago:

https://lists.archlinux.org/pipermail/pacman-dev/2010-August/011461.html

> The remaining bugs that need addressed before a freeze are:
>
> FS#41028 - pacman -Qk should ignore files missing due to NoExtract

This isn't anything new between 4.1 and 4.2. No need to make it release
blocking.

> FS#37631 - [pacsort] wants to delete the wrong package file when an epoq
> is added

Ack, this is mine. Will resend (albeit mostly with a TODO in place of
the Hard Thing™).

> FS#38990 - Clarify IgnorePkg description

This bug is malformed. There's more than just IgnorePkg that we should
be "clarifying" in the requested manner.

> FS#41531 - pacsysclean is broken

Arguably broken since it was introduced, as it relies on parsing data
formatted for humans (not machines). expac in pacman 5.0? I started
cleaning up the code last night on an unrelated whim.

> FS#41862 - [pacman-git] noextract option in PKGBUILD doesn't symlink
> file into ${srcdir}

I volunteered myself to look at this, but the few solutions that I
hacked together weren't to my satisfication, and I've kind of dropped it
since then. Allan, I think this one is on you.

dR