[pacman-dev] Feature freeze - 4.2 release

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Mon Nov 17 13:54:00 UTC 2014

On 17/11/14 23:48, Dave Reisner wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 05:26:15PM +1000, Allan McRae wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I got the last of the patches on my TODO list reviewed, so now we are in
>> a feature freeze.
>
> Cheers for that! So happy to see SRCINFO support finally merged after
> the first patch surfaced 4 years ago:
>
> https://lists.archlinux.org/pipermail/pacman-dev/2010-August/011461.html

Thanks for your work getting architecture dependant fields done - this
was the major blocker.

>> The remaining bugs that need addressed before a freeze are:
>>
>> FS#41028 - pacman -Qk should ignore files missing due to NoExtract
>
> This isn't anything new between 4.1 and 4.2. No need to make it release
> blocking.

NoExtract can take globs in pacman-4.2.  So setups like:

NoExtract   = usr/share/locale/* !usr/share/locale/en_AU
!usr/share/locale/locale.alias
NoExtract   = usr/share/man/* !usr/share/man/man*

will generate LOTS of warnings.

Anyway, I just sent patches :P

>> FS#37631 - [pacsort] wants to delete the wrong package file when an epoq
>> is added
>
> Ack, this is mine. Will resend (albeit mostly with a TODO in place of
> the Hard Thing™).

Fine.

>> FS#38990 - Clarify IgnorePkg description
>
> This bug is malformed. There's more than just IgnorePkg that we should
> be "clarifying" in the requested manner.

Yes - not a blocker.

>> FS#41531 - pacsysclean is broken
>
> Arguably broken since it was introduced, as it relies on parsing data
> formatted for humans (not machines). expac in pacman 5.0? I started
> cleaning up the code last night on an unrelated whim.

That would be awesome!

>> FS#41862 - [pacman-git] noextract option in PKGBUILD doesn't symlink
>> file into ${srcdir}
>
> I volunteered myself to look at this, but the few solutions that I
> hacked together weren't to my satisfication, and I've kind of dropped it
> since then. Allan, I think this one is on you.

OK.