[pacman-dev] [arch-dev-public] Hooks rebuild #1

Bruno Pagani bruno.pagani at ens-lyon.org
Wed Apr 27 14:04:07 UTC 2016

Le 27/04/2016 à 15:13, Allan McRae a écrit :

> On 27/04/16 23:00, Bruno Pagani wrote:
>> Le 27/04/2016 à 14:36, Allan McRae a écrit :
>>
>>> We are ready to start the first hooks rebuild.  This rebuild covers
>>> packages using these hooks:
>>>
>>> update-desktop-database
>>> update-mime-database
>>> install-info
>>> glib-compile-schemes
>>> gtk-update-icon-cacne/xdg-icon-resource
>>> gconf
>>> gio-querymodules
>>>
>>> Each rebuild requires the install file updated to remove these commands.
>>>
>>> No need to use staging/testing for this rebuild (except [core] packages).
>>>
>>> GO!
>> I’m not sure whether there has been anything done in that direction, but
>> this probably means namcap should be updated to detect dependencies to
>> this based on something else than call in .install. Maybe just use the
>> same things than hook (i.e. files detection).
>>
> 1) namcap is a steaming pile of ...
> 2) it has nothing to do with pacman.

OK, I thought it was an official project linked to pacman since being
recommended generally and used in devtools… My mistake, should have read
the namcap page first.

Reported in the right place, sorry for the noise.

Bruno