[pacman-dev] makepkg --pkg for selective installation of split packages

Xyne xyne at archlinux.ca
Mon Feb 15 01:54:25 UTC 2016

Just to follow up, I came to the conclusion that there is no viable workaround
for all scenarios (e.g. when PKGDEST is set) so I ended up patching makepkg to
restore the --pkg option. It only affects the installation. I also added the
option "--pconfig" to pass a custom configuration file to pacman (which
required changing PACMAN_OPTS to an array to avoid potential word expansion).

The patch is small. If anyone is interested, you can find it in the current
bauerbill source tarball [1]. If there is a chance of inclusion upstream then I
can rework it and submit it as a Git patch.

[1] http://xyne.archlinux.ca/projects/bauerbill/src/bauerbill-2016.2.15.tar.xz