[pacman-dev] Dependency Problem with bzr and makepkg

Tim tim at bastelfreak.de
Sun Mar 27 10:40:35 UTC 2016

Hi,

I'm currently trying to build libunity [0] from the AUR. I'm doing this
in a fresh nspawn environment, only base-devel is preinstalled. I talked
to Florian Pritz and read the wiki, this seems to be the minimal
requirements. The pacman package provides the file
/usr/share/makepkg/source/bzr.sh, this is executed because libunity has
a bzr based source. libunity has the bzr package as a makedepends, but
the bzr.sh is executed before makedepends is parsed, also the pacman
package does not have bzr as a dependency. This results in a failing build.

What is the minimal required set of preintalled packages  to build own
packages, is base-devel not enough? Or is it possible to add bzr as a
dependency to pacman (or move it from extra to base-devel)?

Thanks, Tim

[0] https://aur.archlinux.org/cgit/aur.git/tree/PKGBUILD?h=libunity