[pacman-dev] Dependency Problem with bzr and makepkg

Andrew Gregory andrew.gregory.8 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 27 11:25:16 UTC 2016

On 03/27/16 at 12:40pm, Tim wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm currently trying to build libunity [0] from the AUR. I'm doing this
> in a fresh nspawn environment, only base-devel is preinstalled. I talked
> to Florian Pritz and read the wiki, this seems to be the minimal
> requirements. The pacman package provides the file
> /usr/share/makepkg/source/bzr.sh, this is executed because libunity has
> a bzr based source. libunity has the bzr package as a makedepends, but
> the bzr.sh is executed before makedepends is parsed, also the pacman
> package does not have bzr as a dependency. This results in a failing build.

This makes no sense.  makepkg should install missing dependencies (if
you tell it to) *before* it downloads sources.  When bzr.sh is sourced
is irrelevant; bzr itself should not be run until sources are
downloaded.  What is the actual error you are seeing?

> What is the minimal required set of preintalled packages  to build own
> packages, is base-devel not enough? Or is it possible to add bzr as a
> dependency to pacman (or move it from extra to base-devel)?

What do you man by "minimal required set of preinstalled packages to
build own packages"?  The set of packages required to build something
depends entirely on the package you are trying to build.

apg