[pacman-dev] Dependency Problem with bzr and makepkg

Tim tim at bastelfreak.de
Sun Mar 27 12:00:11 UTC 2016

On 27.03.2016 13:27, Bruno Pagani wrote:

> Le 27 mars 2016 13:25:16 GMT+02:00, Andrew Gregory <andrew.gregory.8 at gmail.com> a écrit :
>> On 03/27/16 at 12:40pm, Tim wrote:
>>> What is the minimal required set of preintalled packages  to build
>> own
>>> packages, is base-devel not enough? Or is it possible to add bzr as a
>>> dependency to pacman (or move it from extra to base-devel)?
>> What do you man by "minimal required set of preinstalled packages to
>> build own packages"?  The set of packages required to build something
>> depends entirely on the package you are trying to build.
> I think the question is, excepted base-devel, which packages are assumed to be installed on any system in order to build any package, outside of the makedependz of that package. So, like base-devel packages are not in makedepends, are there any other package that is in the same case?

yes, thats what I meant.
> I believe not, since this is the purpose of base-devel. So, the issue here is rather the one you’ve pointed out: bzr.sh should not be sourced before bzr is installed.
>
> Bruno

The complete build log is available here:
https://ci.virtapi.org/job/Arch_Package_libunity/4/console
jenkins clones the AUR repo, then starts makechrootpkg. The host system
is complaining about the missing bzr package before makedepends is being
handled. The build works after installing bzr on the host:
https://ci.virtapi.org/job/Arch_Package_libunity/6/console