[pacman-dev] interest in using meson over autotools?

Florian Pritz bluewind at xinu.at
Sun Jul 8 09:26:45 UTC 2018

On 08.07.2018 02:07, Dave Reisner wrote:
> I think the answer is ideally that we have no make no changes at all to
> our tests. We could do all of the work in the build system alone -- use
> a harness to wrap each test and parse the TAP output.

You could also use perl's `prove` to run the tests. You'd probably need
to create a wrapper script that handles running pacman tests though
since those can't be executed directly like the shell tests.

Basically you'd need to combine these two into one. Note that they are
run from the respective test directories so the paths are all weird.

prove -e 'python2 ./pactest.py --pacman ../../src/pacman/pacman'
tests/sync*.py

PMTEST_SCRIPTLIB_DIR=~/git/arch/pacman/scripts/library/
PMTEST_LIBMAKEPKG_DIR=~/git/arch/pacman/scripts/libmakepkg/ prove
scripts/*.sh util/vercmptest.sh

FWIW running the tests via those commands seems to work for me, but I
don't know if this can be integrated into meson or if you want to use prove.

Florian