[pacman-dev] RFC: Really running package_* functions in rbash during printsrcinfo

Charles Duffy charles at dyfis.net
Sun Jan 6 19:31:55 UTC 2019

Apologies for not having fully internalized your post before responding --
you make a good point that there's functionality for which we need real,
unrestricted evaluation.

Whether that functionality is worthwhile is a different matter -- my
immediate use case is one where I care about extracting
accurate-as-possible data for a large number of packages *quickly*, and I'm
actually somewhat unhappy with how expensive the current approach taken by
makepkg is (considerably more subprocesses there than could be strictly
needed if we streamlined it).